Thursday, April 23, 2009

Visas to the United States



Thank you Danielle for sharing this article about how Visa rules are widening the rift between families.

This reminds me how my extended family and my mother and father's immediate family are spread across 4 countries: china, laos, thailand, and the united states.

Also, my grandmother's children and grandchildren here in the u.s. are spread across 4 states (well, i guess technically 3 states and 1 district).

Kind of ridiculous seeing that back in the the "homeland," my family used to live in a cul-de-sac / U shape kinda situation . . with the parents' house in the center and each of the houses of each of the children spanning outward towards the "main" street.

I guess there is little hope that my mother and father will ever have a real "family reunion." I mean, if the Senior Senator from the largest state in the country couldn't even use her power to leverage Luong Vu's case, I'm not sure where that leaves other immigrant families.

No comments:

Post a Comment